Welcome - Bem vindo - Bien venido

Here you can find many things, hope you have fun checking my blog and don't forget to leave your comment. Thank you for your time!

Aqui você pode encontrar muitas coisas, espero que você se divirta no meu blog e não se esqueça de deixar seu comentário. Obrigada!


sábado, 5 de maio de 2007

Burnout


Are you Burnout???

I´ve just realized I AM... boooooo.... lol

Check if you can join the club..... hope not...

The ones in red are how I´ve been feeling... some of them I don´t really understand the meaning... so I will just "ignore" them...

Rate each of the following feelings from 1 to 10 as it applies to your life where values mean:
1=never experienced
5=occasionally experienced
10=frequently experienced


___ 1. overstressed, tightness in back and shoulders, having difficulty sleeping
___ 2. feeling of being ``under supported,'' sensing that others are ``uncaring''
___ 3. a sense of being lackadaisical
___ 4. chronic feeling of ``being sick,'' overtired, or having general fatigue
___ 5. state of ``having concerns on my mind,'' being worried
___ 6. asking ``Why do I stay here?''
___ 7. feelings of guilt
___ 8. disillusionment on the job or with home life
___ 9. feeling of being ``let down''
___ 10.speaking of work or home setting as if I am not the ``real me'' when there.
___ 11. feeling of helplessness, feeling like a victim
___ 12. desire to be allowed to be the ``real me'' at home or on the job
___ 13. feeling that many expectations are heaped on me
___ 14. blaming others for everything
___ 15. lack of caring for family, co-workers, others
___ 16. a feeling of self-righteousness
___ 17. feeling and acting very defensively
___ 18. maintaining an unapproachable attitude
___ 19. questioning personal values and judgments
___ 20. feeling of being intimidated by people
___ 21. asking ``Is this all there is?''
___ 22. lack of interest in the outside world
___ 23. cutting self off from family and/or friends
___ 24. saying ``I'm working harder than ever before but experiencing fewer successes.''
___ 25. feeling unappreciated
___ 26. escaping into increased workload
___ 27. desiring to run away
___ 28. continuous state of depression
___ 29. not willing to take time for a vacation because there is so much work to do
___ 30. frustration with the system
___ 31. feelings of paranoia
___ 32. not looking forward to coming to work in the morning
___ 33. daydreaming or fantasizing during the day
___ 34. sense of failure in everything you try
___ 35. tendency to catch more colds, and to stay sick longer; having psychosomatic illnesses
___ 36. withdrawal from important relationships


Interpretation of Results
Each of the above feelings has been used to describe burnout. If you have rated three or more items 8 or higher, you are a candidate for burnout.

Um comentário:

E(vil) disse...

Hi Ma... I understand a lot of what you're feeling. One of the things that is always depressing to me is that I look at everyone else, and I see how superficial and shallow their lives are. I know what it is like to be asking "Is this it? Isn't there more?" I am always looking for it. Life is so so so so short Ma, and once in a while we have the opportunity to spend time with someone who shares our "emptiness," and sometimes those people can at least help us in getting through the darker times. Life is so meaningful, Ma, and I know how hard it is sometimes to seek out the depth that we need. There are often times where I just spent time by myself, ignoring everyone, frustrated that it's just the same crap every day. Starbucks, work, going out, blah blah blah. Complete lack of personal connection with people. No sharing feelings. No spirituality. UGH. It's hard. Too many people don't realize that there is so much more to life than this. So believe me, I know how you feel.